Dr John Gilmour became Executive Director of Facilities in February 2008. He has worked with Mater for over 20 years in a variety of roles.
John trained and worked as a physiotherapist, completing his doctorate in 2002. He has been involved in a range of Mission-related projects, including outreach projects such as working with disabled children in Russia on four occasions between 1995 and 2002.
John has worked on key capital works projects at Mater over the last 10 years, including:
- the delivery of Mater Children's Hospital building project between 1998 and 2001
- Mater’s Redevelopment Project (which included the new Mater Mothers’ Hospitals) between 2004 and 2008
- the Queensland Paediatric Cardiac Services Project (QPCS) between 2006 and 2008
- early planning of the Queensland Children’s Hospital (QCH) between 2006 and 2008.
The Facilities Division was established in 2008 and includes the following key departments and functions:
- Property and Ancillary Services
- Capital Works Projects
- Engineering and Environmental Services
The Facilities Division also manages key issues of environmental sustainability, infrastructure and facilities planning, heritage conservation of buildings, way finding and artworks curation.