Mater Education was established in February 1998 to meet the ongoing education, training and professional development needs of all Mater Health Services staff. The centre now provides a centralised point of focus and coordination for organisational learning and clinical education.
Mater Education's integrated and collaborative approach is acknowledged as the national benchmark in the provision of education, training and learning services to health care professionals.
Mater Education supports Mater corporate goals of integrating core values, enhancing organisational performance, strategic positioning and clinical care and innovation through focusing on education and development. This is achieved by:
- providing excellence in educational services through an integrated and collaborative approach
- developing a learning culture within Mater Health Services
- fostering an environment conducive to personal and professional development
- implementing innovative learning strategies to meet client needs
- delivering consultancy services to assist organisations in achieving corporate goals
- attaining national recognition within the industry as a provider of quality educational initiatives.