Mater Health Services is committed to offering accessible car parking facilities for the convenience of our patients, visitors and staff (subject to availability).
Mater Health Services owns and operates three multi-storey car parks on the South Brisbane campus—Hancock Street car park, Mater Hill (East and West) car parks and Mater Medical Centre car park (refer to map for locations). All proceeds support Mater patient care. These car parks are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Please view our brochure—Your guide to parking at Mater.
Drop off zones at hospital entrances
Mater is committed to ensuring our services are accessible to everyone requiring our assistance and provides several areas on campus where patients and visitors can be "dropped off". These zones are located outside each hospital and emergency department and are subject to the following restrictions:
- Disabled parking is allowed for a maximum of 30 minutes
- Drop off and pick up is allowed for a maximum of five minutes.
Limited short term parking is located in front of Mater Children’s Hospitals on Stanley Street. Parking in drop-off zones is subject to availability and all users are obliged to follow hospital and traffic policy and reasonable directions given by Mater Security Officers.
For those patrons utilising prams, patients and visitors in wheelchairs or people that require assistance with mobility, we recommend using the Mater Hill Car Parks for convenient accessibility to all hospitals. All of Mater's multi-storey car parks have clearly marked designated disabled parking bays, conveniently located near the lifts and walkways.
In addition to Mater Hill Car Parks, there are several disabled car parking bays located on Stanley Street in front of Mater Children’s Hospital.
Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our attendant at Mater Hill car park on 07 3163 8914 or 0434 309 812.
Parking fees in multi-storey car parks
All patients and visitors using one of Mater's multi-storey car parks are required to pay before exiting at pay stations situated in all car parks or by purchasing a pre-paid ticket from an attendant at the Car Parks Customer Service Centre at the following locations:
- Level 1, Hancock Street Car Park
- Level 4, Mater Hill West Car Park
You are able to pay at an exit gate using Visa or Mastercard only at the following locations:
- Mater Hill West Car Park—level 3 exit gate
- Hancock Street Car Park—all exit gates
The following ticket options are available for visitors and patients only:
- option one: daily parking ticket
- option two: five day exit card
- option three: five exit parking card
Option 1: Daily parking ticket
Daily parking tickets can be obtained on entry to any of Mater’s multi-storey car parks. Payment should be made prior to exit at one of the pay stations using coins, notes, Visa or Mastercard. The public parking charges are:
|First 30 minutes
|30 minutes - 1 hour
|1 hour - 2 hours
|2 hours - 3hours
|3 hours - 4 hours
|4 hours to 24 hours
|One calendar day pass
|Period or part thereof
||Price including GST
Option 2: Five (5) Exit Card
A Five (5) Exit Card can be purchased at the Car Parks Customer Service Centres, between 7 am and 11 pm Monday to Sunday (excluding public holidays). The ticket holder can exit five times within two months of purchasing the ticket. Each exit is valid for a maximum stay of 24 hours from the time of entry. You need to take a ticket at the entry gate upon first entering the car park and present to the Car Parks Customer Service Centre (level 1, Hancock Street Car Park, or level 4, Mater Hill West Car Park) to exchange the entry ticket for a 5 Exit Card.
As of 10 September 2012 the Five (5) exit card will be $85.00 per card (including GST).
Option 3: Three (3) Day Parking Card
A Three (3) Day Parking Card can be purchased from the Car Parks Customer Service Centres, between 7 am and 11 pm Monday to Sunday (excluding public holidays). The ticket holder has unlimited entry and exit to the car parks over three consecutive days from the time of purchase. You need to take a ticket at the entry gate upon entering the car park and present to the Car Parks Customer Service Centre (Level 1, Hancock Street Car Park, or Level 4, Mater Hill West Car Park) to exchange the entry ticket when purchasing a 3 Day Parking Card.
As of 10 September 2012 the Three (3) Day Parking Card will be $63.00 per card (including GST).
Option 4: Five (5) Day Parking Card
A Five (5) Day Parking Card can be purchased from the Car Parks Customer Service Centres, between 7 am and 11 pm Monday to Sunday (excluding public holidays). The ticket holder has unlimited entry and exit to the car parks over five consecutive days from the time of purchase. You need to take a ticket at the entry gate upon entering the car park and present to the Car Parks Customer Service Centre (level 1, Hancock Street Car Park, or Level 4, Mater Hill West Car Park) to exchange the entry ticket for a Five Day Parking Card.
As of 10 September 2012 the five day parking ticket will be $85.00 per card (including GST).
Option 5: Concessional parking
In keeping with our mission, philosophy and values, Mater has made a number of provisions to meet the needs of our patients and their families/carers in need. Patients wishing to be considered for a concession parking rate should contact a social worker in the hospital in which they are being cared for. A concessional parking policy is also available for further information regarding eligibility.
Our car park attendants are able to assist you with queries, car parking problems, purchase of discounted tickets and help with directions. They can be contacted between 7 am and 11 pm Monday to Sunday(excluding public holidays) by:
- using the intercom button on any of the auto paystations across the complex
- phoning 07 3163 8914 (internal ext. 8914) for Mater Hill and Mater Medical Centre Car Parks
- phoning 07 3163 6053 (internal ext. 6053) for Hancock Street Car Park
- approaching a car park attendant (identified on their uniforms)
- phoning 0434 309 812 (mobile carried by car park attendants) for Mater Hill and Mater Medical Centre Car Parks
- phoning 0404 821 787 (mobile carried by car park attendants) for Hancock Street Car Park.
Monitored surveillance cameras have been installed in all car parks and panic buttons are also available on each level of Mater Hill (East) Car Park and Hancock Street Car Park.
After hours assistance (including public holidays)
After hours assistance can be obtained by using the intercom buttons at any of the ten auto paystations or by calling Mater Security (Mater Hill Car Parks and Hancock Street Car Park) on 07 3163 8970 or Mater Private Hospital Security (for the Mater Medical Centre Car Park) on 07 3163 1657.
Parking fees for Mater staff
Mater staff may utilise the multi-storey car parks (subject to availability) at discounted staff rates. Mater staff are requested to park in Mater Hill (East) car park to maximise parking for patients, families/carers and visitors close to the hospitals. If you are a new staff member and are seeking further information on parking fees for Mater staff, please telephone the People and Learning Department on 07 3163 8511 or Property Services Department on 07 3163 3457.
Motorcycle riders may park their bikes in the multi-storey car parks in the designated motorcycle bays. A concessional motorcycle rate is available from car park customer service centre from 7 am to 11 pm Monday to Sunday (excluding public holidays). Otherwise the daily parking fees will be charged. Upon entry, please take a ticket or swipe your staff prox card and exit by pre-paid card or swipe card at the boomgates.
A secured bicycle storage area is available for Mater staff and students working on Mater campus. Please contact Mater Security for more information. Storage of bicycles on campus is at the risk of the bicycle owner.
Conditions of entry
As displayed on the entrance to each car park:
- The proprietor is not a Bailee of the vehicle.
- The proprietor shall not be liable:
- for the loss or damage to the vehicle however so caused
- in the respect of any matter whatsoever arising out of or relating to the exercise of any of its rights under these conditions
- for the injury or loss suffered by any person however caused.
- The customer shall remove the vehicle from the proprietor’s premises within 24 hours of its entry hereto.
- The proprietor has the right to move or drive the vehicle at any time and for such purpose to enter a locked vehicle.
- An employee of the Proprietor has no authority to accept goods or articles (including a vehicle) for safe custody from any person and the Proprietor shall not be responsible for the loss of or damage to any such goods or articles left at the Proprietor’s premises howsoever caused.
- The customer agrees with the Proprietor that the customer will not commence any civil proceedings against any employee of the Proprietor in respect of the loss of or damage to the vehicle or injury or loss suffered by any person howsoever caused or any matter whatsoever arising out of or relating to the exercise of any of the Proprietor’s rights under these conditions and the customer will reimburse the proprietor any amount by which the Proprietor elects to indemnify an employee (whether by legal obligation or not) in respect of any proceedings order or judgement instituted sought or obtained by the customer in the breach of this condition.
- No variation of these conditions will bind the Proprietor unless made in writing and signed by its Agent thereunto duty authorised in writing.
- In these conditions:
- ‘The Proprietor’ means The Corporation of the Trustees of the Order of the Sisters of Mercy in Queensland and, except in condition 7, and unless repugnant to the context shall include any employee servant of agent thereof.
- ‘Employee’ means an employee servant or agent of the Proprietor.
- ‘Vehicle’ means a vehicle entering or remaining in the Proprietor’s premises or removed therefrom pursuant to the right of the Proprietor to so remove in terms of condition 4 and includes the accessories goods or articles contained therein.
- ‘Customer’ means and includes the driver and owner of the vehicle and in condition 6 all persons associated therewith entering the proprietor’s premises and each of them.
- Lost or stolen tickets are non-refundable. In the case of a lost ticket, a fee of $38.00 will apply.
- Prices are subject to change by Mater Misericordiae Health Services Brisbane Limited.
- Mater has a zero tolerance attitude towards aggressive and/or abusive behaviour. This includes: speeding in the carparks, making demands, shouting, making threats, swearing, violence and excessive intoxication/drugs.
If this behaviour is evident, Mater Security and/or the Police will be contacted immediately.
We will endeavour to address your concerns in a non-confrontational manner. If you have questions or comments, please ask to speak to the carpark manager or Mater’s Patient Representative who will assist you with your enquiry. After hours, please contact Mater Security on 07 3163 8970.
Should anyone experience an un-readable ticket at a paystation, they should:
- Press the intercom at the paystation for assistance (during day or after hours)
- Exchange it at the car park customer service centre (Monday to Sunday from 7am to 11pm excluding public holidays). See below for contact details for car park attendants.
Please note: One of the common reasons that tickets come up as un-readable, is that they have been damaged or wet.
If you have a query, complaint, request or suggestion, please try and contact the car park attendant on duty (during business hours) in the first instance. If you have no success, or you wish to discuss an issue with management, please contact the car park manager, who will actively seek to resolve any issues and address your queries.
The car park manager is contactable on 07 3163 5350 or by fax on 07 3163 5351. Alternatively, please contact Mater Property Services’ main office number on 07 3163 3457.
For written enquiries/complaints, address to:
Manager, Mater Car Parks
Mater Health Services Brisbane Limited
Level 4, Mater Hill West Car Park
South Brisbane Qld 4101
Should you wish to discuss any car parking matter further please write, email or fax to the Director of Mater Property Services.