Mater Aged Placement Service
Mater Aged Placement Service (MAPS) is an aged care placement and advisory service, which helps those requiring assistance with the transition to an aged care facility.
Based in Brisbane, south-east Queensland, our experienced staff have expertise across the health and aged care systems, and will work with you to simplify the process.
- Our staff understand the admission process of aged care facilities.
- Our staff have extensive experience in liaising with older people and their families.
Our service includes:
- An assessment of you or your loved one’s aged care requirements.
- Identification of which aged care facilities may be suitable.
- Liaison with and referral to aged care assessment teams, who are responsible for assessing eligibility for aged care placements.
- Assistance with the completion of paperwork, including application and asset forms.
- Ongoing liaison until a suitable aged care placement is secured.
- Family counselling and assistance for more complex issues.
How we can help
Mater Aged Placement Service will facilitate all the steps involved in moving into aged care:
- We provide full assistance in locating an aged care facility.
- We will work closely with you and your loved ones to consider a location and facility that matches your preferences.
- We will tailor our services to suit the individual.
- We are available to meet with you or your family at your location of choice.
- We work quickly and efficiently to provide timely solutions.
- We will advocate for you or your loved ones requirements, until transition into an aged care facility has been completed.
Please call us to discuss fees relevant to your needs.
Our team is made up of experienced professionals who work within the Australian Association of Social Workers code of ethics, alongside caring support staff who will assist with more practical aspects of the process.
Telephone: 07 3163 3866
Mobile: 0409 626 708 (during business hours)
Mater Aged Placement Service is a service within Mater Health Services. It has no formal affiliation with any aged care facilities and is not paid or remunerated by such facilities.