Innovative Strategies to Assist Falling Elderly (ISAFE) is a 10 week program, with one hour classes available once a week, designed to support healthy aging and teach fall prevention techniques. The classes are of moderate intensity, supporting you through balance training activities. Each week you will learn more about how to improve your balance and stay safe on your feet.
Do you want to stay active and moving well? Has your mobility changed recently? Have you become less confident when walking? Have you had a fall in the last year? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Mater at Home’s ISAFE program will be a great next step in the right direction.
The group sessions are conducted by an ISAFE trained physiotherapist and/or a community rehabilitation assistant. During the first session, we’ll provide you with an individual assessment to:
- ensure the program is appropriately for you
- measure your balance and mobility
- ensure the program is tailored to you
- put you in contact with other allied health professionals if required.
The group sessions are conducted by an ISAFE trained physiotherapist and/or a community rehabilitation assistant. During the first session, we’ll provide an individual assessment:
- to ensure the program is appropriate tailored for their needs
- to measure their balance and mobility, and
- put them in contact with other allied health professionals if required.
Am I suitable for the program?
To be suitable for this program you will need to be:
- independently mobile indoors without a walking aid
- able to follow instructions for safety reasons
- able to commit to attending 10 weeks of the program
- medically stable.
Where are the classes held?
Conference Room 12, Upper Level
Mater Health Centre Redland
Bayside Business Park
Cleveland QLD 4163
Classes commence from Wednesday 21 October 2020 between 9 am and 10 am.
What should I bring with me?
- Enclosed, non-slip footwear
- Water bottle
- Medication that you may need to carry with you (e.g. Ventolin, angina spray etc.).
Prices and booking?
Our programs are government subsidised, but please call us on 07 3163 1760 for more information.
If you would like to join our ISAFE program, or have a family member who may find these sessions helpful, please call Mater at Home on 07 3163 1760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will take your details and provide you with all required information.