Protecting patients and the community from COVID-19
Mater is working closely with the State Government to respond to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Mater adheres to all State Government directives and restrictions affecting hospitals and health services.
You can view the State Government’s current COVID-19 restrictions here.
Visitors are not permitted to enter Mater hospitals if they are COVID-19 positive.
Visitors are also not permitted to enter our hospitals if they have:
- tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 7 days
- have recently had a COVID-19 test and are waiting to receive the results
- have COVID-19 symptoms.
To apply for an exemption, please click here.
Close contacts are unable to visit a hospital for seven days unless in exceptional circumstances and then must meet the following criteria:
- test negative for COVID-19 symptoms within 24 hours prior to entering the hospital
- have no COVID-19 symptoms
- advise the hospital they are a close contact and comply with any specific requirements in place at the facility
- wear a mask and follow all PPE or protective measures required by the hospital.