Physiotherapists are experts in movement and function. Mater Physiotherapy is a complex service working across the Mater South Brisbane campus. Services are managed under the following clinical teams:
- Adult services:
- falls prevention
- improving balance
- mobility assessment and prescription of mobility aids – including MASS Four Wheeled Walkers and Forearm Support Walkers
- vestibular rehabilitation
- neurological rehabilitation
- management of pain
- exercise prescription for improving function in everyday activities
- management of lung (respiratory) conditions and breathing difficulties
- post-operative care – following orthopaedic surgery or if you are feeling weaker after a hospital admission
- Continence and Women's Health
- Neonatal and Children's services
- Mater Back Stability Research Clinic
How to access our services?
Eligibility criteria, costs and referral requirements vary according to the type of program. Please contact our friendly staff who are available for further information about our services.
Location and parking
Parking is available at several location across the Mater South Brisbane campus please refer to the campus map for locations.
Telephone 07 3163 6000 and follow the prompts
Fax 07 3163 1671
Level 2 Mater Hospital Brisbane
Raymond Terrace, South Brisbane QLD 4101
Allied Health Reception and Outpatient Services: Monday to Friday, 7.30 am to 4.30 pm. Closed on weekends and public holidays.
Inpatient Clinical Services Mater Hospital Brisbane: Monday to Sunday, 7.30 am to 4 pm.
Mater Mothers' Hospitals: Monday to Friday 7.30 am to 4 pm, Saturday and Sunday 7.30 am to 4 pm.
Out of hours evening shift (Monday to Friday) and on call services are provided across Mater Hospital Brisbane and Mater Mothers' Hospitals based on clinical need and medical referral.