You can make a difference
Mater is not only a healthcare provider of choice, it’s also a preferred employer for people who have a shared mission of developing and maintaining healthy communities.
Working at Mater is a great honour. It means continuing the tradition that the Sisters of Mercy established in 1906 based on the Mission and Values. Together, the Mater Values underpin our relationships with one another, assist us in our decision making, and shapes our workplace culture.
Mater is a fair and equitable healthcare organisation that values diversity, and ultimately compassion.
With our strong governance and executive structure, means that all Mater People are supported in their roles and encouraged to go that one step further so that Mater continues to make an impact and meet the needs of the community.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
- Newstead based roles - access to gym, pool and end of trip facilities within our new purpose built corporate office
Find out more about how you can help achieve our Mission by choosing a career at Mater.