'Our door is open; everyone is welcome, and no one gets left behind’.
Here at Mater, we are determined to make change as we embark on our reconciliation journey. Mater’s Mission is to serve together to bring God’s mercy to communities through compassionate, transforming, healing ministries. That Mission must encompass reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
In co-operation with Reconciliation Australia, Mater has developed its first Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan – or RAP.
Our Reflect RAP requires us to:
- Develop relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities, and
- Decide on our vision for reconciliation.
Our RAP Steering Committee is co-chaired by our CEO Dr Peter Steer and Adrian Carson, CEO of the Institute for Urban Indigenous Health.
Our RAP will focus on:
- Strengthening our relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Building respect for their culture, histories and knowledge.
- Creating new opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander governance into Mater.
View our Reconciliation Action Plan