Your safety, our priority
We value your safety above all else which is why we have imbedded the Patient and Carer Escalation (PACE) process. We expect that your healthcare team can address any concerns or worries you may have about your care and immediate safety. Patients, families or carers have a right to further escalate their concerns and we encourage you to raise any issues as early as possible. If you have serious or immediate concerns about your health, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Speak to your nurse or doctor, who will listen and respond to your concerns
- If you are unsatisfied with the response and are still concerned, move to step 2.
- Ask to speak to the nurse/midwifery team leader or nurse/midwifery unit manager
- If you are unsatisfied with the response, and are still concerned, move to step 3.
- Activate a PACE
- Dial 555 from a bed side phone or call 07 3163 8555.
- Tell the operator "I am using PACE", your name, ward, bed number and doctors name, if known.
- A senior member of staff will see you within 10 minutes.
*PACE is the equivalent to Ryan's Rule as used by Queensland Health.