Young Adult Support Unit (YASU)
The Young Adult Support Unit (YASU) is a specialist multidisciplinary team who adopt a developmentally sensitive, trauma informed and systemic approach to supporting adolescents and young adults with chronic medical conditions. YASU aims to enable adolescents and young people with complex medical conditions to live active and fulfilling lives through world-leading multidisciplinary service and collaborative care. We develop our specialist service through education, research and partnerships with young people and families.
What Can We Provide?
YASU sees adolescents and young people aged up to 26 years who have a chronic medical condition.
YASU offers outpatient appointments to help with:
- Anxiety, depression and mood disorders resulting from chronic illness
- Help adjusting to and coping with your chronic illness
- Support to stick to treatment for your chronic illness
- Finding social support
- Getting back to education or work while managing your chronic illness
- Managing sleep, eating, stress, etc.
- Teaching you skills to be able to advocate for your own health needs and navigate health systems
To access the service you must be aged up to 26 years and receiving ongoing service provision from the Mater Hospital South Brisbane for a chronic medical condition. Your Mater specialist can make a referral for you.
For enquiries please email email@example.com or call 07 3163 3000.
Young Adult Support Unit
Level 4, Salmon Building
537 Stanley Street
South Brisbane, Qld 4101