Mater Health and Wellness' team of Accredited Practicing Dietitians (APDs) provide holistic, personalised dietetic care for a variety of conditions.
What is an Accredited Practising Dietitian?
APDs are university-qualified professionals that undertake ongoing training and education programs to ensure that they are your most up-to-date and credible source of nutrition information. They translate scientific health and nutrition information into practical advice.
APDs offer personalised advice and support to help treat a wide range of conditions including diabetes, heart disease, cancers, gastrointestinal diseases, food allergies, food intolerances, disordered eating as well as weight issues and obesity.
Our APDs are available to provide private dietetic and nutrition services to adults and children, and have clinics dedicated to:
- antenatal and post pregnancy support for women to improve fertility, address dietary concerns or conditions during pregnancy (eg gestational diabetes) and nutritional support after birth
- support with the management of health conditions (e.g. IBD, celiac disease)
- support with achieving weight management goals including optimising surgery outcomes (e.g. gastric sleeve surgery)
- support with managing diet and nutrition during and after cancer treatment
- support with managing fussy eating in young children
- support with managing diet and nutrition due to allergies or food intolerances in adults and children.
Occupational therapists use a holistic perspective to work with individuals, groups and communities to achieve optimal health and wellbeing through participation in the occupations of life. Occupational therapists are trained to assess your condition and provide intervention to optimise your function in day-to-day activities. They take into consideration your needs, responsibilities, lifestyle and design treatment to achieve optimal health and participation. As first contact practitioners, you don’t need a doctor’s referral to see an occupational therapist. However, occupational therapists can work with your doctor to help manage and optimise your recovery and/or progress.
Occupational Therapy services: